Cunha - SP
Basic Landscape Astrophotography
11 to 13/03/22 (open registrations)
11 to 13/03/22
8 to 12 PARTICIPANTS
the night sky hides beauties that our eyes cannot capture. Using advanced photographic techniques and taking advantage of the evolution of photographic equipment and image editing software, we can reveal the spectacle of light and color that takes place daily in the skies around the world.
In this workshop in the city of Cunha/SP, photographer Victor Lima will reveal the secrets for capturing night images of nature and landscape, including the choice of equipment, the planning of sections, the capture and treatment of images.
Cunha-SP is an extremely rural city, which favors contact with nature and adds a certain charm to the itinerary. trails, waterfalls and ecological tours. There are 230 km from São Paulo, it is located at the intersection of the Mar, Bocaina and Mantiqueira mountains, and borders the State of Rio de Janeiro. That's why cariocas and paulistas have chosen the destination as a refuge to rest your mind in the bucolic climate of the mountains.
On the road between Cunha-SP and Paraty there is a trail to Pedra da Macela. From the top of the rock formation, at an altitude of 1.8 km, it is possible to see a good part of the coast of Rio de Janeiro, such as the historic village of Paraty, Ilha Grande and Angra dos Reis. It is in this breathtaking scenery that the Landscape Astrophotography sections will take place on this trip.
About the Instructor
Victor Lima is a nature and landscape photographer internationally awarded by National Geographic. With his night photography work in the Atacama Desert, he reached 3rd place in the 2016 National Geographic Travel Photografher of the Year contest. Furthermore, after being the winner of the 2015 National Geographic Traveler Magazine Cover contest, he was the first photographer of the world to have one of his images on the cover of one of the National Geographic publications through a contest. The photographer stands out for the technical aspect of his photographs and for the images that show the beauty of the night sky beyond what the eyes can see.
About the Workshop
11 to 13/03/22 - (Entries open)
- Location: Cunha/SP;
- Level: Basic/Intermediate;
- Investment: R$ 2200 (R$ 750 on registration and the balance up to 30 days before the start).
- Group: 12 vacancies;
- Payments must be made, preferably, by bank transfer;
- There is the option to pay the balance in up to 6 installments on PayPal (upon request);
- Request more information on Instagram @victorlimaphoto or through the form at the bottom of the page .
• Accommodation in Chalet de Campo (divided by up to 3 participants). Individual accommodation on request;
• Full Board at the Hotel (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner);
• Landscape Astrophotography Workshop with Victor Lima;
• 9 hours of online recorded lessons on Landscape Astrophotography;
• Land and air transport;
• Travel and equipment insurance;
• Drinks, tours and etc;
• Photographic equipment;
• Others not included in the above list.
- Recommended equipment:
• DSLR or Mirrorless Camera Camera;
• Wide-angle lens (with an aperture greater than or equal to F/4);
• Notebook (Lightroom and Photoshop installed);
• Smartphone Apps (recommended after registration);
• Hand and head torches.
- Basic concepts applied to night photography: capture time, ISO, aperture, depth of field, hyperfocal distance, etc.;
- Choosing the equipment: suitable machines, adaptations for astrophotography, clear lenses, flashlights, etc.;
- Basic notions of astrophotography: constellations, location of the milky way, behavior of the milky way in the night sky, etc.;
- Creative compositions;
- Use of natural (moon) and artificial (lanterns, flash, etc.) light;
- Photo planning using applications: light pollution maps, definition of the best places for astrophotography, dates and times, etc.;
- Photographic techniques: Long Exposure, Light Painting, Star Trail, Focus Stacking, HDR, Panorama, Multiple Exposures, etc.;
- Night image processing.
- Day 01
- 2 pm - Check-in;
- 4 pm - Opening lecture and group leveling;
- 6pm - Night photography section.
- Day 02
- Free morning;
- 12:00 – Lunch;
- 2 pm - Presentation of images taken the day before/discussion/Image Processing;
- 18h - Dinner;
- 19:00 - Night photography section.
- Day 03
- 10 am - Presentation of images taken the day before/discussion/Image Processing;
- 12:00 - Lunch;
- 2 pm - Check-out.
Reserve your place through Instagram @victorlimaphoto or through the form at the bottom of the page .
All amounts expressed in Reais (R$);
A minimum of 8 participants is required to carry out the Workshop;
In case of withdrawal, the registration fee will not be refunded;
In case the minimum number of participants for the Workshop is not reached, the amount paid will be fully refunded or, if this is the option of the interested party, it will be relocated to the available date that is convenient;
This Workshop was defined according to the best dates for taking night photographs, with the main focus being the best condition for astrophotography. We are not responsible for climate changes that may make this type of photography unfeasible;
The date of the event may be changed due to situations involving public calamity or restriction of access to the event site, such as: floods, landslides, epidemics, etc. In this case, participants must choose to participate in the event in question on its new date or else keep the credit of the amount paid to participate in another event with available seats;
This service provision is restricted to issues that concern the Photography Workshop, including accommodation, food and classes with Victor Lima. Any other issues of a personal nature, such as individual documentation issues, etc., are not our responsibility.
Gallery (click to enlarge)
Information and Booking
Use the form below for booking this tour or for more information.
We will reply soon!