Mangue Seco - BA
Basic Landscape Astrophotography
08 to 11/02/24 - Registration Open
08 to 11/02/24
8 to 12 PARTICIPANTS
The night sky hides beauties that our eyes cannot capture. By using advanced photographic techniques and taking advantage of the evolution of photographic equipment and image editing software, we can reveal the spectacle of light and color that happens daily in the skies around the world.
In this workshop, the photographerVictor Lima will reveal the secrets to capturing night images of nature and landscapes, including choosing equipment, planning sections, capturing and processing images.
About the Instructor
Victor Lima is an internationally awarded nature and landscape photographer by National Geographic. With his night photography work in the Atacama Desert, he reached 3rd place in the 2016 National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year competition. In addition, after being the winner of the 2015 National Geographic Traveler Magazine Cover contest, he was the first photographer in the world to have one of his images on the cover of one of the National Geographic publications through a contest. The photographer stands out for the technical aspect of his photographs and for the images that show the beauty of the night sky beyond what the eyes can see.
About the Workshop
08 to 11/02/24 - Registration Open;
- Location: Mangue Seco/BA
- Level: Basic/Intermediate
- Group: 12 places
- Investment: R$ 2500 (R$ 750 upon registration and the balance up to 30 days before the start).
- Payments must be made preferably by bank transfer.
- There is an option to pay the balance in up to 6 installments via PayPal (on request);
- Request more information on Instagram@victorlimaphoto or through the form at the bottom of the page.
• Round trip transportation from Salvador to Mangue Seco;
• Accommodation in a double room;
• Airline tickets;
• Travel and equipment insurance;
• Lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks, etc.;
• Photographic equipment;
- Minimum Equipment:
• DSLR or Mirroless Camera;
• Wide Angle Lens (with aperture greater than or equal to F/4);
• Notebook (Lightroom and Photoshop);
• Smartphone Apps (recommended upon registration);
• Hand and head torches.
- Basic concepts applied to night photography: capture time, ISO, diaphragm opening, depth of field, hyperfocal distance, etc.;
- Choosing the equipment: indicated machines, adaptations for astrophotography, clear lenses, flashlights and etc.;
- Basic notions of astrophotography: constellations, location of the Milky Way, behavior of the Milky Way in the night sky, etc.;
- Creative compositions;
- Use of natural (moon) and artificial light (lanterns, flash, etc.);
- Photo planning using applications: Light pollution maps, defining the best places for astrophotography, dates and times, etc.;
- Photographic techniques: Long Exposure, Light Painting, Star Trail, Focus Stacking, HDR, Panorama, Multiple Exposures and etc.;
- Night images post-processing in LR and PS.
- Day 01
- 2 pm - Arrival at the hotel;
- 4 pm - Presentation of theoretical content;
- 6 pm - Dinner;
- 20h - Night photography section.
- Day 02 and 03
- Free morning;
- 12h – Lunch;
- 13:00 - Presentation of the images taken the day before/discussion/Image Processing;
- 3 pm - Recognition of the area and planning of creative compositions;
- 6 pm - Dinner;
- 20h - Night photography session.
- Day 04
- 08:00 - Presentation of the images taken the day before/discussion/Image Processing;
- 11 am - Lunch;
- 2pm -Return Savior.
Reserve your spot through Instagram@victorlimaphoto or through the form at the bottom of the page;
All amounts expressed in Reais (R$);
A minimum of 8 participants is required for the Workshop to take place;
In case of withdrawal, the registration fee will not be refunded. If it is impossible to participate in the event due to COVID-19, it will be possible to transfer the amounts paid for participation in any of our events with available places;
If the minimum number of participants for the Workshop is not reached, the amount paid will be refunded in full or, if this is the interested party's option, it will be rescheduled for the available date that is convenient for you;
The date of the event may be changed due to situations involving public calamity or restricted access to the event location., such as: floods, landslides, epidemics, etc. In this case, participants must choose to participate in the event in question on its new date or else keep the credit of the amount paid to participate in some other event with available places;
This Workshop was defined according to the best dates for taking night photographs, with the main focus being the best conditions for astrophotography. We are not responsible for climate changes that may make this type of photography unfeasible;
This provision of service is restricted to issues related to the Photography Workshop, including accommodation, food and transportation during the planned outings. Any other issues of a personal nature, such as individual documentation problems, etc., are not our responsibility.
Gallery (click on image to enlarge)
Information and Booking
Use the form below for booking this tour or for more information.
We will reply soon!