Volcanoes and Stars Tour
10 - 17 October 20
10 - 17 April 21
06 - 13 March 21 / 10 - 17 September 21
VICTOR LIMA & GIULIO COBIANCHI
LANDSCAPE / NORTHERN LIGHTS
12 PARTICIPANTS (MINIMUM OF 7)
The night sky hides beauties that our eyes cannot capture. With the use of advanced photographic techniques and taking advantage of the evolution of photographic equipment and image editing software, we can reveal the spectacle of light and color that takes place daily in the skies around the world.
In this workshop in the city of Cunha / SP, photographer Victor Lima will reveal the secrets for capturing nocturnal images of nature and landscape, including the choice of equipment, the planning of sections, the capture and treatment of images.
Cunha-SP is an extremely rural city, which favors contact with nature and adds a certain charm to the itinerary on the trails, waterfalls and ecological tours. 230 km from São Paulo, it is stuck in the meeting of the mountains of Mar, Bocaina and Mantiqueira, and borders the State of Rio de Janeiro. For this reason, locals and paulistas have chosen the destination as a refuge to rest their minds in the bucolic climate of the mountains.
On the road between Cunha-SP and Paraty there is a trail to Pedra da Macela. From the top of the rock formation, at 1.8 km altitude, it is possible to see a good part of the carioca coast, such as the historic village of Paraty, Ilha Grande and Angra dos Reis. It is in this breathtaking scenario that the Landscape Astrophotography sessions will take place on this trip.
About the Instructor
Victor Lima is an internationally awarded nature and landscape photographer from National Geographic. With his night photography work in the Atacama Desert, he reached 3rd place in the 2016 National Geographic Travel Photografher of the Year contest. In addition, after being the winner of the 2015 National Geographic Traveler Magazine Cover contest, he was the first photographer in the world to have one of his images on the cover of one of National Geographic publications through a contest. The photographer stands out for the technical aspect of his photographs and for the images that show the beauty of the night sky beyond what the eyes can see.
About the Workshop
- Date: 06/26/20 to 06/28/20 (Out of stock);
05/22/20 to 05/24/20 (Registration Open);
- Location: Cunha / SP;
- Level: Basic / Intermediate;
- Investment: R $ 1,750.00 (R $ 750.00 on registration and the rest until 04/10/20).
There is the option to install the balance in up to 6x on PayPal (on request);
- Group: 12 vacancies;
- Reservations through the Contact section of this website.
• Accommodation at Chalé de Campo (divided by up to 3 participants);
• Full Board at the Hotel (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner);
• Landscape Astrophotography Workshop with Victor Lima;
• 9 hours of recorded classes online on Landscape Astrophotography;
• Land and air transport;
• Travel and equipment insurance;
• Drinks, tours and etc;
• Photographic equipment;
• Others not included in the list above.
- Minimum equipment:
• DSLR or Mirrorless Photo Camera;
• Wide-angle lens (with an aperture greater than or equal to F / 4);
• Notebook (Lightroom and Photoshop installed);
• Smartphone applications (recommended after registration);
• Hand and head lamps.
- Basic concepts applied to night photography: capture time, ISO, aperture, depth of field, hyperfocal distance, etc .;
- Choosing the equipment: suitable machines, adaptations for astrophotography, clear lenses, flashlights and etc .;
- Basic notions of astrophotography: constellations, location of the milky way, behavior of the milky way in the night sky and etc .;
- Creative compositions;
- Use of natural (moon) and artificial (lanterns, flash, etc.) light;
- Planning photos using applications: Light pollution maps, defining the best places for astrophotography, dates and times, etc .;
- Photographic techniques: Long Exposure, Light Painting, Star Trail, Focus Stacking, HDR, Panorama, Multiple Expositions and etc .;
- Treatment of night images.
- Day 01
- 14h - Check;
- 16h - Opening and leveling lecture of the group;
- 18h - Night photography section.
- Day 02
- Free morning;
- 12h - Lunch;
- 14h - Presentation of images taken the previous day / discussion / Image Treatment;
- 18h - Dinner;
- 19h - Night photography section.
- Day 03
- 10am - Presentation of the images taken the previous day / discussion / Image Treatment;
- 12h - Lunch;
- 14h - Check-out.
Reserve your spot through the Contact section;
All amounts expressed in Reais (R $);
A minimum of 10 participants is required to conduct the Workshop;
In case of withdrawal, the registration fee will not be refunded;
In case the minimum number of participants for the Workshop is not reached, the amount paid will be refunded in full or, if this is the option of the interested party, it will be transferred to the available date that is convenient for you;
This Workshop was defined according to the best dates for night photography, with the main focus being the best condition for astrophotography. We are not responsible for climate changes that may make this type of photography unfeasible;
The date of the event may be changed due to situations involving public calamity or restricted access to the event site, such as: floods, landslides, epidemics, etc. In this case, the participants must choose to participate in the event in question on their new date or else be given the credit of the amount paid to participate in some other event with available places;
This service provision is restricted to issues related to the Photography Workshop, including accommodation, meals and classes with Victor Lima. Any other questions of a personal nature, such as problems with individual documentation and etc., are not our responsibility.
Gallery (click on image to enlarge)
Information and Booking
Use the form below for booking this tour or for more information.
We will reply soon!