Teresópolis - RJ
Basic Landscape Astrophotography
07/14 to 07/16/23 (Registration Open)
7/14 to 7/16/23
8 to 12 PARTICIPANTS
The night sky hides beauties that our eyes cannot capture. By using advanced photographic techniques and taking advantage of the evolution of photographic equipment and image editing software, we can reveal the spectacle of light and color that happens daily in the skies around the world.
In this workshop in the region of Teresópolis/RJ, the photographerVictor Lima will reveal the secrets to capturing night images of nature and landscape, including choosing equipment, planning sections, capturing and processing images.
Teresópolis is a municipality in the interior of the state of Rio de Janeiro, about 75 km from the State Capital. Commonly remembered for being the land of the Serra dos Órgãos National Park and the Três Picos State Park, Teresópolis is not limited to that and has much more to be explored. The beautiful region of Vale dos Frades is an example of this. The place is so beautiful that, from time to time, it is the setting for global productions, such as the Memorial of Maria Moura and, more recently, the film A Mulher Invisível. Nicknamed Brazilian Yosemite, Vale dos Frades is surrounded by huge rock formations, some of which reach over 1000 meters in height.
It is for this cinematic setting that Victor Lima invites you to put into practice all the techniques involved in Landscape Astrophotography and produce beautiful images of the imposing Massifs of Frades together with the Milky Way and other stars.
About the Instructor
Victor Lima is an internationally awarded nature and landscape photographer by National Geographic. With his night photography work in the Atacama Desert, he reached 3rd place in the 2016 National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year competition. In addition, after being the winner of the 2015 National Geographic Traveler Magazine Cover contest, he was the first photographer in the world to have one of his images on the cover of one of the National Geographic publications through a contest. The photographer stands out for the technical aspect of his photographs and for the images that show the beauty of the night sky beyond what the eyes can see.
About the Workshop
07/14 to 07/16/23 - (Registration Open).
- Location: Teresópolis/RJ;
- Investment: R$ 2500 (R$ 750 upon registration and the balance up to 30 days before the start).
- Group: 12 vacancies;
- Payments must be made preferably by bank transfer;
- There is an option to pay the balance in up to 6 installments via PayPal (on request);
- Request more information on Instagram@victorlimaphoto or through the form at the bottom of the page.
•Accommodation in shared double room (2 participants). Individual hosting on request;
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel;
• Landscape Astrophotography Workshop with Victor Lima;
• 9 hours of recorded online classes on Landscape Astrophotography;
• Land and air transport;
• Travel and equipment insurance;
• Drinks, tours and etc;
• Photographic equipment;
• Others not included in the above list.
- Recommended equipment:
• DSLR or Mirrorless Camera;
• Wide angle lens (with aperture greater than or equal to F/4);
• Notebook (Lightroom and Photoshop installed);
• Smartphone Apps (recommended upon registration);
• Hand and/or head torches.
- Basic concepts applied to night photography: capture time, ISO, diaphragm opening, depth of field, hyperfocal distance, etc.;
- Choosing the equipment: indicated machines, adaptations for astrophotography, clear lenses, flashlights and etc.;
- Basic notions of astrophotography: constellations, location of the Milky Way, behavior of the Milky Way in the night sky, etc.;
- Creative compositions;
- Use of natural (moon) and artificial light (lanterns, flash, etc.);
- Photo planning using applications: Light pollution maps, defining the best places for astrophotography, dates and times, etc.;
- Photographic techniques: Long Exposure, Light Painting, Star Trail, Focus Stacking, HDR, Panorama, Multiple Exposures and etc.;
- Treatment of night images.
- Day 01
- 2 pm - Check-in;
- 4 pm - Opening lecture and leveling of the group;
- 6 pm - Night photography section.
- Day 02
- Free morning;
- 12h – Lunch;
- 2 pm - Presentation of the images taken the day before/discussion/Image Processing;
- 6 pm - Dinner;
- 7 pm - Night photography section.
- Day 03
- 10 am - Presentation of the images taken the day before/discussion/Image Processing;
- 12h - Lunch;
- 2 pm - Check-out.
Reserve your spot throughthe instagram@victorlimaphoto or through the form at the bottom of the page.
All amounts expressed in Reais (R$);
A minimum of 10 participants is required for the Workshop to take place;
In case of withdrawal, the registration fee will not be refunded;
If the minimum number of participants for the Workshop is not reached, the amount paid will be refunded in full or, if this is the interested party's option, it will be rescheduled for the available date that is convenient for you;
This Workshop was defined based on the best dates for taking night photographs, with the main focus being the best conditions for astrophotography. We are not responsible for climate changes that may make this type of photography unfeasible;
The date of the event may be changed due to situations involving public calamity or restricted access to the event venue, such as: floods, landslides, epidemics, etc. In this case, participants must choose to participate in the event in question on its new date or keep the credit of the amount paid to participate in some other event with available places;
This service provision is restricted to issues related to the Photography Workshop, including accommodation, food and classes with Victor Lima. Any other issues of a personal nature, such as individual documentation problems, etc., are not our responsibility.
Gallery (click on image to enlarge)
Information and Booking
Use the form below for booking this tour or for more information.
We will reply soon!