Landscape Astrophotography - Lapinha da Serra/MG
The night sky hides beauties that our eyes cannot capture. With the use of advanced photographic techniques and taking advantage of the evolution of photographic equipment and image editing software, we can reveal the light and color spectacle that happens daily in the skies all over the world.
In this workshop in Lapinha da Serra/MG , photographer Victor Lima will reveal the secrets for capturing nighttime images of nature and landscapes, including choosing equipment, planning sections, capturing and processing the images.
Charming village located in Santana do Riacho, in the Serra do Cipó region, Lapinha da Serra holds stories and priceless natural beauties. Far from the light pollution of big cities and surrounded by beautiful waterfalls, rivers and mountains, this will be the perfect setting to learn and improve your knowledge of Landscape Astrophotography.
About the Instructor
Victor Lima is an internationally awarded National Geographic nature and landscape photographer. With his night photography work in the Atacama Desert, he achieved 3rd place in the 2016 National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year contest. In addition, after being the winner of the 2015 National Geographic Traveler Magazine Cover contest, he was the first photographer in the world to have one of his images on the cover of one of the National Geographic publications through a contest. The photographer stands out for the technical aspect of his photographs and for the images that show the beauty of the night sky beyond what the eyes can see.
About the Workshop
- Date: 06/28/19 to 06/30/19
- Location: Lapinha da Serra/MG
- Level: Basic and Intermediate
- Investment: BRL 1,750.00 (BRL 750.00 upon registration and the remainder up to 30 days before the start of the event)
- Group: 12 vacancies
• Accommodation (rooms divided by up to 3 people);
• Landscape Astrophotography Workshop with Victor Lima;
• Land transport e air;
• Travel and equipment insurance;
• Lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks, tours e etc;
• Photographic equipment;
• DSLR or Mirrorless Photo Camera;
• Wide Angle Lens (with aperture greater than or equal to F/4);
• Trigger cable;
• Smartphone or Tablet;
• Notebook (Lightroom and Photoshop installed);
• Smartphone Apps (recommended after registration);
• De hand and head torches;
• Boot de trekking.
- Basic concepts applied to night photography: capture time, ISO, aperture, depth of field, hyperfocal distance, etc.;
- Choosing the equipment: suitable machines, adaptations for astrophotography, clear lenses, flashlights, etc.;
- Basics of astrophotography: constellations, location of the milky way, behavior of the milky way in the night sky and etc.;
- Creative compositions;
- Use of natural (moon) and artificial light (lanterns, flash, etc.);
- Photography planning using applications: Light pollution maps, definition of the best places for astrophotography, dates and times, etc.;
- Photographic techniques: Long Exposure, Light Painting, Star Trail, Focus Stacking, HDR, Panorama, Multiple Exposures and etc.;
- Treatment of night images.
- 14:00h - Check-in;
- 16:00h - Presentation of theoretical content;
- 18:00h - Night photography section.
- Free morning;
- 14:00h - Presentation of the images taken the day before/discussion/Image Processing;
- 18:00h - Night photography section.
- 9:00h - Presentation of the images taken the day before/discussion/Image Processing;
- 12:00h - Check-out.
All amounts expressed in Reais (R$);
Accommodation will be in shared rooms for up to 3 people, regardless of gender. If you are interested in individual accommodation, please consult the additional amount to be paid for this ;
A minimum of 10 participants is required for the Workshop to be held;
In case of withdrawal, the registration fee will not be refunded;
If the minimum number of participants for the Workshop is not reached, the amount paid will be refunded in full or, if this is the option of the interested party, it will be rescheduled to the available date that is convenient;
This Workshop was defined according to the best dates for taking night photographs, with the main focus being the best condition for astrophotography. We are not responsible for climate changes that may make this type of photography unfeasible;
This service provision is restricted to issues that concern the Photography Workshop, including accommodation, food and transportation during the planned outings. Any other personal issues, such as individual documentation issues, etc., are not our responsibility.