Landscape Astrophotography - Ilha Grande/Rio de Janeiro
The night sky hides beauties that our eyes cannot capture. Using advanced photographic techniques and taking advantage of the evolution of photographic equipment and image editing software, we can reveal the spectacle of light and color that takes place daily in the skies all over the world.
In this workshop in Ilha Grande/RJ , photographer Victor Lima will reveal the secrets for capturing nighttime images of nature and landscapes, including choosing equipment, planning sections, capturing and processing the images.
Ilha Grande is part of an archipelago of 187 islands and islets, located in Ilha Grande Bay, west coast of the State of Rio de Janeiro, a region also known as Costa Verde. The region is one of the most beautiful places on the Atlantic Ocean.
Come and enjoy the natural beauties of Ilha Grande during the day and improve your knowledge of night landscape photography at night.
About the Instructor
Victor Lima is an internationally awarded National Geographic nature and landscape photographer. With his night photography work in the Atacama Desert, he achieved 3rd place in the 2016 National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year contest. In addition, after being the winner of the 2015 National Geographic Traveler Magazine Cover contest, he was the first photographer in the world to have one of his images on the cover of one of the National Geographic publications through a contest. The photographer stands out for the technical aspect of his photographs and for the images that show the beauty of the night sky beyond what the eyes can see.
About the Workshop
- Date: 04/05/19 to 04/07/19
- Location: Ilha Grande/RJ
- Level: Intermediate
- Investment: BRL 1,750.00 (BRL 750.00 upon registration and the rest until 03/05/19)
- Group: 12 vacancies
• Accommodation (rooms for up to 3 people);
• Landscape Astrophotography Workshop with Victor Lima;
• Land transport e air;
• Travel and equipment insurance;
• Lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks, tours e etc;
• Photographic equipment;
• DSLR or Mirrorless Photo Camera;
• Wide Angle Lens (with aperture greater than or equal to F/4);
• Trigger cable;
• Smartphone or Tablet;
• Notebook (Lightroom and Photoshop installed);
• Smartphone Apps (recommended after registration);
• de hand and head torches;
• Boot de trekking.
- Basic concepts applied to night photography: capture time, ISO, aperture, depth of field, hyperfocal distance, etc.;
- Choosing the equipment: suitable machines, adaptations for astrophotography, clear lenses, flashlights, etc.;
- Basics of astrophotography: constellations, location of the milky way, behavior of the milky way in the night sky and etc.;
- Creative compositions;
- Use of natural (moon) and artificial light (lanterns, flash, etc.);
- Photography planning using applications: Light pollution maps, definition of the best places for astrophotography, dates and times, etc.;
- Photographic techniques: Long Exposure, Light Painting, Star Trail, Focus Stacking, HDR, Panorama, Multiple Exposures and etc.;
- Treatment of night images.
- 14:00h - Check-in;
- 18:30h - Presentation of theoretical content;
- 21:30h - Night photography section.
- Free morning;
- 15:00h - Presentation of the images taken the day before/discussion/Image Processing;
- 20:00h - Night photography section.
- 9:00h - Presentation of the images taken the day before/discussion/Image Processing;
- 12:00h - Check-out.
All amounts expressed in Reais (R$);
A minimum of 10 participants is required for the Workshop to be held;
In case of withdrawal, the registration fee will not be refunded;
If the minimum number of participants for the Workshop is not reached, the amount paid will be refunded in full or, if this is the option of the interested party, it will be rescheduled to the available date that is convenient;
This Workshop was defined according to the best dates for taking night photographs, with the main focus being the best condition for astrophotography. We are not responsible for climate changes that may make this type of photography unfeasible;
This service provision is restricted to issues that concern the Photography Workshop, including accommodation, food and transportation during the planned outings. Any other personal issues, such as individual documentation issues, etc., are not our responsibility.